Community Engagement Senior Specialist
Are you passionate about building and growing an online community dedicated to helping creative entrepreneurs succeed in business? Sock Mafia is seeking a Community Engagement Senior Specialist.
We are looking for an ambitious community leader who has developed and executed creative strategies to grow and maintain an established online community.
You will work on developing new programs to engage sellers and recruit leaders in the seller community. You will build and implement communication and educational programming to help launch a new and exciting onsite experience. With a proven ability to work cross-functionally, you will synthesize feedback from teams such as marketing, design, product, etc. to make informed decisions.
This full-time position is based in Vancouver, Canada and reports to the Marketing Director, Community Engagement.
About the Role
- Build industry leading educational programming for our global community of sellers to support product adoption and tooling
- Develop, test, run and optimize creative educational programming that engages our online community
- In collaboration with technical leads and fellow community partners develop Sock Mafia’s online community product feature strategy
- Be responsible for the marketing strategy to promote community led campaigns across several marketing channels to increase retention and acquisition. Use insights and data to evaluate current programs, make educated decisions on whether to scale or sunset programs
- Develop a top seller strategy to engage, retain and help drive growth via seller community initiatives
- Develop community programming to encourage, inform and engage our seller community that visits our Forums experience
- Lead country specific seller community growth and retention programs
- Build & lead project plans, schedules and landmarks
- Assist with offline event strategies to help sellers be successful selling at in-person events
- Create quarterly and yearly budgets and forecasts, while accurately tracking expenses
- Stay current with industry standard community methodologies to pitch new ideas to strengthen the seller community and accelerate growth
- You are an organized and efficient leader that has facilitated programs resulting in an increase in community engagement and retention
- You have pitched metric centric ideas, and executed scalable programs
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and effectively communicate with internal teams and external partners
- You have 4-6 years of community, marketing and/or customer support experience
- You have 2-4 years of project management experience
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to also execute programs
- You are extraordinarily organized and effectively priority-set and implement multiple projects with detailed follow through. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You demonstrate strength in perception of the environment around you, being able to strike the balance between efficiency, consistency and lead change
- You have strong attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills. You have experience with a dual sided marketplace
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Sock Mafia, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Sock Mafia is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.
Salary range: $75,000 - $90,000
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org